Over a thousand Irish nursing and midwifery jobs are on offer at a series of dedicated recruitment events in Scotland this June
The recruitment events in Edinburgh and Glasgow in early June represent a significant step up in terms of the Health Service Executive (HSE) directly tackling the recruitment of nurses and midwives. The HSE has already offered jobs to all 2016 and 2017 Irish nursing and midwifery graduates, while the events in Edinburgh and Glasgow are just the first in a series of overseas recruitment events aimed at targeting both Irish and overseas trained nurses and midwives to work in Ireland.
Potential candidates can expect salaries ranging from €28,483 to €44,800 for qualified Staff Nurses including Registered Midwives, Registered Sick Children’s Nurses and Registered Mental Handicap Nurses depending on experience. Experienced nurses and midwives are also being invited to apply for Senior Staff Nurse/Midwife jobs with a salary of €46,954 or as a Senior Dual Qualified Nurse/Midwife with a salary of €48,497. All positions are subject to professional registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland as well as the necessary qualifications and experience.
Nursing positions are available across the entire Public Health Service in every city and county in Ireland as well as all major specialties and disciplines – Community, Acute, Paediatrics, Emergency, Mental Health, Older Persons, Intellectual Disability and Oncology.
For qualified midwives, opportunities exist in every maternity hospital, including
- Dublin’s Coombe Women’s Hospital
- Dublin’s National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street
- Dublin’s Rotunda Hospital
- Cork University Maternity Hospital
- Kerry General Hospital Tralee
- South Tipperary General Hospital
- Lukes’ General Hospital Kilkenny
- Waterford Regional Hospital
- Wexford General Hospital
- Galway University Hospital
- Letterkenny General Hospital
- Mayo General Hospital, Castlebar
- Portiuncula Hospital Ballinsaloe
- Sligo General Hospital
- University Maternity Hospital Limerick
- Cavan/Monaghan Hospital Group
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda
- Midland Regional Hospital Mullingar
- Midland Regional Hospital Portlaoise
The Irish Nursing & Midwifery Recruitment Open Days will see representatives from the HSE in Edinburgh on Friday June 9, 2017 and Glasgow on Saturday, June 10, 2017 to meet qualified nurses and midwives interested in relocating or moving home to Ireland.