Leading NHS Trusts are returning to Australia this March to recruit more nurses to work in the UK with one employer, University Hospital Southampton, returning for a third time in less than 16 months.
The employers, who are attending the British Nursing Job Fair in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, will be holding interviews and making job offers on the day to suitably qualified nurses.
Since the first British Nursing Job Fair was held in Australia in 2017, hundreds of nurses have already secured jobs in the UK with leading Trusts including King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in London who have successfully recruited 85 nurses from Australia.
The British Nursing Job Fair is the only event of its kind to be held in Australia with NHS employers flying in exclusively from the UK to recruit nurses directly.
For newly qualified Australian nurses, the recent changes by the UK’s Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) means that nurses that have recently graduated can work in the UK immediately after qualifying without requiring 12 months post qualification experience.
The British Nursing Job Fair has become the must-attend event for nurses of all grades and specialties wanting to work in UK with hundreds of jobs available in General Medical, Acute Care, A&E, Elderly Care, Critical Care and Paediatrics.
Leading NHS employers including Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust and University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust will be recruiting in each of the four Australian cities and will be available to answers questions on career opportunities in the NHS including relocation support.
What to bring with you
With interviews and job offers being made at each event it’s really important that you bring the following documents with you:
- Copies of your CV/Resume
- Professional Qualifications – Certified Copies or Original Copies
- Nursing Registration Details e.g. PIN or equivalent
- English Language Testing Results e.g. OET or IELTS (If Applicable)
- Proof of Address
- Any Visa Documentation to support your right to work in the UK (If Applicable)
When & Where
The British Nursing Job Fair in Australia will take place in:
- Melbourne, Saturday 2 March 2019, at the Ibis Hotel, 15-21 Therry Street
- Sydney, Wednesday 6 March 2019, at the Rydges World Square, 389 Pitt Street
- Brisbane, Saturday 9 March 2019, at the Marriott Hotel, 515 Queen Street
- Perth, Wednesday 13 March 2019, at the Duxton Hotel, 1 St Georges Terrace
All events will take place from 10am to 4pm.